Brew Magicians Forum - BMF

A forum for Brew Magic users and those who love them. This forum is not affiliated with SABCO.
It is currently Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:21 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 8:28 am 
Hydrometer Jar

Hi all, had a small issue with low flame so I figured I would share my solution here. It's pretty straight-forward. I was getting a very low flame on all burners even with everything cranked up all the way. From having fought with a number of propane grills in my life I knew the regulator had gotten jammed up and needed to be "reset". These steps are the same for grills, brew magics or anything else with a LP regulator really. Here's what I did:

1. Close all valves to the burners
2. Close the valve on the propane tank
3. Disconnect the propane tank from the regulator
4. Open all the valves to the burners and let sit for about a minute
5. Close all the valves
6. Connect the propane tank to the regulator
7. Open the valve on the propane tank slowwwwly... till you barely hear a hisssss, let it hiss for a little bit (5-10 seconds)
8. Open the valve on the propane tank all the way.
9. Open one burner valve slightly and light the burner like you normally would.

There it is! No more low flame! Hope this helps someone.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 12:45 am 
Hydrometer Jar

I was having the same issue. I tried everything, from taking apart the regulator to the check valve. It always works after about 10 minutes after first Turing on the gas. Other that taking it apart, which didn't seem to help, what else can I do?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 1:08 pm 
Hydrometer Jar

Are you saying that you get low flame for the first 10 minutes that the gas is on and then it works itself out? Sorry, I didn't quite understand where you are in your troubleshooting. If you've gone as far as taking apart the regulator then you have gone beyond what I was suggesting here which is a simple reset where the regulator clears itself. It's probably in your best interest to contact the support guys at Sabco if you have more persistent problems or unpredictable propane flow.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 12:46 am 
Hydrometer Jar

So I guess I wasn't very clear. My issue is that after turning on the BM and enabling the gas I open the valve to the HTL and for the first 10-15 sec I have a good strong flame, however after that the flame drops off and is barley lite as though I seemingly closed the valve.