Mash Tun Mod

Hmm, you've been busy lately

Mash Tun Mod

Post by meegs » Sun Jul 06, 2014 11:48 pm

I made another mod to my Brew Magic. I saw these slick Loc-Line assemblies at the Homebrewers Conference:

I immediately thought how cool that would work with the BM instead of the recirc tubing. I don't know about you, but I often find myself having to prop up the tubing to keep it from channeling down into the grain bed during the mash. With this assembly, that eliminates that issue. I had to purchase a compression fitting which I found on eBay to attach the Loc-Line to the short inlet tube in the Mash Tun, but it worked out great. Here are some pics: ... 1uWUrorMcQ

If you're interested, here is the compression fitting I ordered: ... 35d7f1118a

The Loc Line assembly from is threaded, so it threads right into the compression fitting. The compression fitting fits right over the short piece of metal tubing in the side of your MT where the recirc hose would typically attach. Easy, peasy.

Pint Glass

Re: Mash Tun Mod

Post by Hooch » Mon Jul 07, 2014 12:34 am

Easy, peasy.
Lemon squeezy :!: Great mod meegs and thanks for sharing :!:

Always do sober what you said you would do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut. - Ernest Hemingway

Hydrometer Jar

Re: Mash Tun Mod

Post by patrickls83 » Mon Sep 15, 2014 1:15 pm

Nice! I was thinking about one of these since I do have to sometimes dig up the recirc tube from under the grain. Good info on the fittings, appreciate you posting this.