Brew Magicians Forum - BMF

A forum for Brew Magic users and those who love them. This forum is not affiliated with SABCO.
It is currently Tue Oct 17, 2017 4:48 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 4:35 pm 

Have you guys ever taken apart your BM? I was having terrible readings with my inline dial thermometer so I decided to unscrew it and try to calibrate it in my kitchen... when I took the thing off, man it was disgusting. Caked in nasty stinky crap. The last time I brewed was on Monday (2 days ago) and I flushed the system with HOT PBW for about an hour. In the entire time I've owned my system, I've never taken it apart to clean it, but I'm thinking it might be a good idea. This could be why SABCO just recently changed that exact same thermometer to a tri-clover connection for cleaning. A fair bit of crap get stuck in the thermo-probe area and it doesn't flush out.

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 8:03 am 
Hydrometer Jar

Thank you for the info I took mine apart and was not to bad but was still not clean but it is now,I don't know if I was getting false readings from the inline thermometer I never look at it maybe I should start.

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 10:46 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

OneEyedGiant wrote:
...SABCO just recently changed that exact same thermometer to a tri-clover connection...

That is a great upgrade.
I have tried to use those tri-clover fittings for each part of my system, but I never thought about the thermometers.
Interesting.

I know that the ball valve on my kettle needs to be replaced and it is not hard to do, but the thermometer right above it as a tri-clover would be a welcome adjustment to the overall cleaning regiment of mine.